Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Time...

Time: a four-letter word with a tremendous meaning, especially to a college student. In our arsenal of phrases, time seems to pop up a lot. It’s time to go to class. I don’t have time to take a break. I am wasting my time. Party time. Time to go. Break time. In the nick of time. I didn’t have time to finish my paper. Time is of the essence... okay, maybe not that last one. Still, we use time as a scapegoat. We complain that there is not enough time in the day to finish all of our tasks. We will wait impatiently for our time to shine. We complain that time just slipped away and before we knew it, we had run out of time. Do we really think time is the enemy? In time, we will look back on the good times and wonder where they went. We will sit back and ponder the time we have left on this planet. We will think about when our time will come. And when it does, we will be left with no excuses, no do-overs, and no timeouts. So, dear friends, are you using your time wisely?

1 comment:

Subversive Me said...

Good post. I'm learning how to use my time more wisely. Its so easy to fill up our time with tasks we have no real interest in. Or fill up our time with too many things we do have interest in.