Sunday, March 9, 2008

Technology is just oh...so...fun...

Spring break, what a wonderful time... if you don't have a computer. 

For the past week I have been wondering what was wrong with the complicated machine only to find out that I have lost my hard drive! Everything from my computer is gone! Software, photos, music, assignments, important documents, all of it is lost inside some metal compartment that now sits on my desk mocking me. Trying to find someone to take it apart and recover things has been a nightmare. It seems that no one is willing to preform this without taking my arm, leg and liver. 

Now I know that I should have had everything backed up, funny part about that is that during spring break I intended on buying a portable hard drive just for that purpose, but before I could get to the store I was greeted by a blank screen with a flashing question mark. Wonderful, now I have to start over. 

At least all my down time from technology allowed me to read 2 great books and start a 3rd, so I suppose the week wasn't a total bust. 

2 comments:

Anna said...

I am sorry about your computer. I know the feeling... it is terrible! Maybe I know someone who could help you in Cape Coral. At least I could try to ask him about how much it would cost to repair your machine and maybe I can get a discount... I can try...
Let me know...

Ellenod said...

UH. UH. Twilight series. I'm obsessed with those books. You know they're making a movie of the first book? I'm not sure how good it will be but it's something to look forward to.