Sunday, March 16, 2008

Look for my name in lights...er, print.

Greetings all. I've landed a gig at Eagle News (really the gig landed in my lap) writing weekly blurbs about what's new in the entertainment world. If all goes according to plan, my blurbs should start appearing in this week's issue.

I may also be given the chance to review some movies. This chance is a mixed bag, since (rumor has it) I'll be taking the more "chick-friendly" films that the guys don't want to cover. I'm never thrilled at being condescended to, but there are only six weeks left in my tenure at FGCU, so I'm not sure I even have the energy needed to actively criticize this if that is the case. And, by the way, Entertainment Weekly's senior film critic Owen Gleiberman has recently reviewed such "chick" fare as Penelope, The Other Boleyn Girl, and even the 3-D Hannah Montana concert.

My fingers are crossed that the end of my little updates will include a shoutout to "read more" by visiting my blog. Keep your eyes peeled!

2 comments:

Subversive Me said...

I'm happy for you. What a plum assignment.

I eat out so much I've thought of doing a blog or maybe a newsletter on local eateries. Good Luck.

Michelle F said...

How exciting! I bet you will do great and this will bring a lot of traffic to your blog if they let you advertise it. You might even have a fan club by the end of the semester!