Saturday, March 22, 2008

Holiday Laziness

For some reason, one week before and one week after any holiday I feel lazy. It seems as if everything around me is telling me to do nothing. Everything includes the family visiting, the food and many businesses being closed.

Therefore, throughout my years of college I have came up with steps to help me make it through the three weeks of holiday laziness. One step includes doing some homework ahead of time. For example, for blogging class, I did a couple of posts because I know once the week begins I will be lazy from Easter Sunday. Another step includes waking up early the day before a holiday and spending a few hours just doing homework and not allowing anything to stop me from completing my work. One last step is making a To Do list. With a list I know what I have to accomplish and once I finish the list, I feel accomplished.

I don’t think I will ever get over holiday laziness. All I can do are things I know that will allow me to not be lazy when I need to be working. If any of you feel holiday laziness, how do you get over it?

1 comment:

Michelle F said...

I always feel holiday laziness. I just have to push myself to get bcak on track. It's painful and I definitely haven't prepared like you have. Now I'm worried.