Tuesday, March 25, 2008

...and still if Live Blog

I sympathize with everyone about the problems and issues of Live Blogging. Certainly was not what I thought it would be and it was no easy task to accomplish. You pick a place to live blog, you find out if the place is wired for internet access, free or otherwise, you then drag laptop with you to the appointed time and place, where you basically play voyeur or clandestine eavesdropper to your neighbors.

Not being a person that gets out much during the semester, finding a comfortable and fun place to live blog was top on my list. I tried two separate restaurants. Have you noticed how small tables are these days? Or maybe it’s the amount of stuff that's placed on the table before a patron even sits down; assorted condiments, drink menus, candles, paper-towel dispensers. It’s difficult to fit a laptop, a beer, a glass of water and an order of hot garlic wings on an already crowded table.

How lucky was I to get the two chattiest waiters in the world at those restaurants. After an exhaustive explanation at the first establishment I kept my explanation monosyllabic at the next one.

You would think after all my efforts something good would have happened for me to really talk about in my live blog. No fights between wait-staff. No dropped dinner orders. Not one obnoxious and screaming kid in either place. I could have stayed home and had salad.

My live blog finally came out of an unlikely chore. I had to take my dog to the groomer. I called for an appointment and just out of habit brought my laptop and notebook with me.

No comments: