Thursday, February 21, 2008

Workshops

Is it just me or do the workshops seem to be getting jabby? By jabby I mean one person will say something pertaining to another's blog and the person under critique returns a barely collected calm response. But I know what said person under critique wants to really say, they want to say: (insert churlish deprecating remark here).

Don't get me wrong, I love it. I find the whole thing interesting, especially when people in class defend or go against the critiques of the presenting groups.

I just find it funny that the first workshop was a very polite-the training wheels are on-affair. But since then all the workshops after have been progressively more vocal, which I find to be a good thing.

2 comments:

Subversive Me said...

That's the thing with going first Patrick, you never know if you should be over the top gansta or low key schoolgurl. Yeah, the workshops are getting interesting. Let's hope they stay constructive as well.

Mike Pena said...

I must say, I really am enjoying being in class during these workshops.

Usually whenever I'm in any class my mind wanders more than I'd like.

Lately though, I'm hanging on every word. Even though it's not us being critiqued, I feel like just sitting there during other presentations has helped just as much. Good stuff.