Monday, February 11, 2008

Workshop Anyone?

I am not sure how you all feel about the workshops, but I am just going to let it out. I feel that it is hard for me to point out other people’s faults or praise them for something I haven’t yet mastered. As I read these blogs I find that I appreciate each and every one. I do realize that this is a great exercise to help one another understand blogging better, but why do we have to do this in front of everyone? I feel that if we do this in front of class then we are singling out each blogger and pointing out their faults. I don’t mind if someone is going to give me corrective criticism, but why not in groups? Please don’t take this in the wrong way, I just think it may not end up being corrective criticism in the end and actually end up hurting some people’s feelings. Either way I'm going to do what I have to do, but please let me know how you all feel...

4 comments:

Anna said...

Barbara,

you will be fine! Of course feedbacks are important, but nobody really wants you to feel bad because you wrote an awkward sentence or because your idea wasn't clear enough. You take your workshop seriuosly and just listen. Some will like your story some don't. And so what? It shouldn't be a big problem, if you really wants to grow like a writer.

Subversive Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Subversive Me said...

I'm not a lover of group presentations or heaven help us workshopping either but I can see the benefit of both. Besides getting to know some of my classmates I'm hopeful that this exercise will help me get further into my writing groove.

Rachel S said...

I hadn't really given how I'd feel about the workshops much though until I was reading through the blogs for tomorrow. I saw some things I liked, and some things I didn't. While I know constructive criticism is helpful, I feel a bit nauseaus at the thought of chastizing someone's work.