Thursday, February 7, 2008

Supermarket Titles

One of my favorite blogs to read as I research the latest entertainment news for my own blog is Defamer. There is not always a lot of news I would actually post on. They frequently cover the personal lives of celebrities and I don’t really do that. What I really love about the site, is the way they write their titles.

Defamer breaks the K.I.S.S. rule we discussed in class today. Their titles often run more than a single line and are not catchy or easy-to-remember. They’re more like the headlines you see on the tabloids when you check out at the grocery store (Bat Boy Escapes from Missouri Holding Cell to Reunite with his Son!). My scrolls through Defamer are like waiting in line at the supermarket. I get some interesting celebrity news, in a short format, with a humorous twist.

Here are some of my favorite recent examples:

Vast left-wing conspiracy nearly prevents Elizabeth Hasselbeck’s voice from being heard on super Tuesday

Taking a cue from J-Lo, a tight lipped Angelina waits for water to break before revealing the big twins surprise

’Moment of Truth’ creepily obsessed with dudes who stuff their shorts

Corey Haim is back, ready to make amends, and still has enough money to pay for an ad in Variety begging for work

Eric Dane goes public with courageous fight against McLip malignancy

No comments: