Saturday, February 16, 2008

Stop! iPod Time!

After reading Christine's post about her iPod and talking about it with others, I really wanted to see what my iPod had to say about myself. I haven't used my iPod in probably a year, so it took me a while to find it. Once I did I began to browse, and it brought back some strange memories. I haven't updated it in probably 18+ months, so all the music was pretty old, but I found myself listening to these jams for a couple of hours. As I scrolled through I jammed out to Britney Spears, Madonna, Janes Addiction and Mike Jones. I came to one band in particular that I just had to stop and laugh at. The Spice Girls. How cool was that? I had totally forgot that at one point in my life (a very long time ago, of course) I really wanted to be Sporty Spice when I grew up.

To me, music can really tell a story about who someone is. If a picture is worth a thousand words, an iPod list may be worth a million. IPods can tell a story about the evolution of a person based on their musical preferences. You may see me crusin' around campus in my car listening to Ludacris or 2Pac, but deep down inside you now know that all I really want is to “zig a zag ah.”

2 comments:

Subversive Me said...

My new 4gig nano would say I neglect it. What's been downloaded so far though is R&B and club tunes, both old school. Next I'll add sounds of Blackmore's Night, Ubaka Hill and Afro-Celtic to deepen the reflection of who I am still growing into. Might get adventurous and download an audio book too. Have to keep the nerd in me entertained too.

eugenia said...

Oh wow...I wanted to be Posh Spice. Sad but true.

Someone's playlist can tell you alot about their personality. This is going to sound sort of weird, but I am not really excited about who my neighbors are. Why? Because our internet connection allows for us to see eachothers iTunes collections.