Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Need to Spice It Up

Posting frequently is one thing, but spicing up your blog is another. I attempt to be conversational in my blog, but for some reason I feel besides the words, the blog isn’t spicy enough. I’m not talking about recipes or highlighting the background in flames, I’m talking about adding pictures. Each time I add a picture I end up deleting it. I feel like it takes too much from what I just wrote.

This week on my personal blog, I decided to add a picture to space it up and break up just words. Do I feel accomplished? Nope, I realized that the picture does not match the rest of my blog background. So I then thought about my background choice. Can I change the color to make it spicy? The answer I came up with was… no.

I finally decided the best thing to do is do what I love. I am not a person who enjoys pictures on my blog. I like the writing, but every once in a while there might be a reason to incorporate a picture into one of my entries. So I would like some advice from the readers of this blog, how do you spice up your blog?

No comments: