Monday, January 21, 2008

It all makes me a bit nervous

I must say that I am a bit apprehensive about the idea of blogging. It's not something that I am good at or something that I felt would help me as a student and a person. But as I read more and more about blogging I have come to realize that this can be a great way of freeing myself from the everyday censors of my life. Every single day people walk and talk differently than they would like to. Manners must be observed, ideals must be respected, you can't just go running around town screaming, unless you like holding cells. The blog lets people freely express themselves. Whatever is on the mind can be written down for all to see. I love this idea! Although I am still nervous about being a part of this class blog, I am somewhat excited about keeping my own blog. So please bare with me if my class entries never make any sense... some of you intimidate me with your words. 

2 comments:

MagicPanda said...

Understand the following: what you write in the worst years on the worst days will still be more readable than ninety-five percent of MySpace blogs. If you're really that crazy about it, just keep your blog out of the search engines. And DO NOT post your picture unless you understand someone somewhere will take liberties with it.

Rachel S said...

I can relate to what you're saying here and I agree to a degree. While I don't know that I would necessarily jot down everything that comes to mind (it would cause hurt feelings), I do think that the internet presents that allure of "free expression" because generally you're anonymous... Unless your roommate stumbles upon the page.