Sunday, April 13, 2008

Is Peace Idealistic?



I do believe that peace is an idea at this point in our world. I'm by far a negative person, but I do however undertand the reality of our world. We all have different views, but my view is that pride and greed are the number one cause that peace is inevitable. The only peace that we have is the one that come from within ourselves. I have always wondered, why people do mean and hateful things to each other? And I have came to the realization that people are who they are... human, and with hope we will find our way to be above all this foolish pride and greed. I believe also, that with peace comes acceptance, if we learn to accept one another for who we are, whether it good or bad, we could eventually learn from one another.

We are only human, so is pride, greed, and judgement our natural behavior and will always have an impact on this world? We strive to live and learn from our actions, and will continue to until the day we no longer think as humans and go into a more spiritual realm. This is when the fighting stops and we all become one. There is so much we still need to learn and only few have mastered it. Jesus for example, was one in history that mastered what we call peace. People couldn't understand it and what people don't understand gives them fear, so in essence fear is why they wanted him crucified. I can only hope that one day generation after generation, we will learn from our past and use it to reflect and better our futures.

No comments: