Friday, April 11, 2008

Graduation Is Near

Searching for graduation details on the FGCU website, I came across information about honor cords and how they should be ordered with the cap and gown. I started to freak out because I did not order any cords and I definitely worked hard to get the G.P.A. I have. After a sudden panic, I called the bookstore and asked if I had to purchase my honor cords for graduation with my cap and gown. The lady's reply "No, it is not too late to purchase honor cords. You can purchase them with your cap and gown for $12.00."

I was relieved when I hung up the phone. It finally hit me today that I will be graduating in 16 days. Before today, I told people I was graduating with no enthusiasm because I was not done with classes. Now that classes are coming to an end and I am getting myself ready for the real world, I have become excited to what the future can bring.

So, the next time someone asks me about when I am graduating, I will say in an enthused voice, "It is soon and I will be an educated woman on paper."

1 comment:

Rachel S said...

Congrats Rita! I hope I can be enthused too--I'm still trying to figure out that whole what am I gonna do with my life thing...