Friday, April 18, 2008

Fear of Failure

I just want to say we are coming to an end here and I will miss all of you, but some of us are graduating and have fear of what is next. Well, I am reading a book called the Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho and he says, “People are afraid to pursue their most important dreams, because they feel that they don’t deserve them, or that they’ll be unable to achieve them.” (pg. 130)

I just want to say how appropriate this book is for an ending to this semester. This quote signifies what each one of us that are graduating may fear of failure. Here we are moving through life with school and it is coming to an end. What is next? What am I going to do? These were a few thoughts I have now that I am graduating, how about you? I almost feel a sense of insecurity and fear of not becoming successful. School was a cushion for me and now it is gone. I have spoken to others that are graduating and they feel the same way.

It is interesting because I have been sending out resumes to all the top jobs, you know the ones that everyone wants, but I took a step back and realized that no matter what you or I do in life, as long as you are happy, then that is what success is all about. So, I started just applying for jobs that made sense and stopped worrying about when my phone was going to ring. This was the only way I would be content with myself.

I hope that all of you are successful or I should say happy with your lives after graduation. And remember you are the only one who can hold you back from success, so do what makes you happy and don't worry about what others think.

No comments: