Saturday, March 15, 2008

My First Live Blog Attempt

Since first hearing about live blogging, I thought it was going to interesting and fun. As I got more into considering what to do, I am finding that live blogging is not that easy. It is easy to find a topic and anything after that requires work. Like Dr. Harrison said in class, this is not an assignment that can be done in one day.

I chose my topic this weekend and wanted to start working on it, but I ran into a few problems.
1. Live means posting while at the event. I don’t have a computer that enables me to use the internet outside of my home or school. With this problem, I had to throw that idea to the side and decide on another event.
2. With big events, I have to spend a little extra time to find an angle. I considered maybe choosing a smaller event to attempt the live blogging assignment.
3. I wondered how many posts should be included in the live blog and can I use more than one angle. Also I wondered if we should include pictures.

With my first live blog attempt, I believe I have learned more about live blogging. Live blogging is something that requires thought and time.

1 comment:

Subversive Me said...

Mz Rita you could always write out your posts in a notepad and transcribe when you get back home.

I went to an event friday night thinking to live blog while there. I got so caught up that i totally forgot to bring in my laptop. I'll try again at my friend's bands practice