Saturday, March 15, 2008

HTML Saviors!

I spent most of my Friday night searching for an HTML code that would allow me to change from a two column to a three column blog layout. Somewhere around 10:30pm I stumbled upon a blog dedicated to enhancing blogs. Who knew? Tips for Knew Bloggers is a blogspot, so all the codes they supply work with the version of blogger we use. I highly recommend this site because it is “A dummies guide,” with: blog tips, tricks, help for all new bloggers on Web templates, Blog templates, designs, widgets, layout, JavaScript, HTML codes, SEO, Google AdSense, gadgets, diagnostic tools, and how to monetize Blogger or Blogspot blogs. Halleluiah! As if it couldn't get any better, there is a search bar at the top of the blog that allows visitors to find posts that interest them.

Beware:
If you choose to add a new template, with two or three columns, back up all widgits! Simply download a copy of your blogroll, archives, etc. to your computer and replace them after you change your layout. If you forget to do this you will loose all your information. I don’t think I have to mention how I know, let’s just say it was a long night…

No comments: