Monday, March 31, 2008

Hitting the wall.

The semester is slowly dwindling down, along with my creativity.
As the semester comes to a close I find myself hitting a wall in terms of what to post on my blog.

One of the problems is that I want each post to be astounding but usually it comes out the same hackneyed way as the one before it...and that is my cue to reach for some inspirational writing book with advice such as: "Let the whole thing flower: the story and the person writing the story. And let us always be kind in this world."

And then I laugh at the fact that I own so many of these cheesy books.

And then I write my post.

3 comments:

Christine M said...

I'm hitting the same wall. My creativity feels somewhat zapped of late and I'm afraid my blog will be disappointing workshop fodder next week.

Subversive Me said...

Geez what book did you get that aweful quote from? that was my chuckle for the night. I shouldn't say anything. I was so desperate for creative inspiration i just manhandled Shakespeare in my class post.

Rachel S said...

I think it's just that time of the semester. With three weeks of classes to go before finals, I'm finding it difficult all around to put forth anything worthwhile. Incidentally, this is the time when I should be putting forth the most worthwhile stuff.