Monday, March 31, 2008

A blog, Shakespeare and me

I sent my boss the link to what I thought was a relevant blog as it connects to our job of Civic Engagement. She was very intrigued and interested in the potential benefits of blogging. Of course this led to a discussion of the Styles and Ways class and the blogging that we are learning to do. She now wants to investigate the possibility of "us" doing a blog for service-learning. I have no doubt that she'd be willing to write posts on occasion, but I'd be the editor, handling the nuts and bolts of the thing. She thinks getting students to guest author posts where they can talk about their experiences performing service-learning and the ways it's changed them is worth looking into. I can't help but wonder if I know enough to begin something this ambitious and if I want to. But to be a team player means saying things like “let’s give it a shot” even when you aren’t sure about the idea. Her only questions were how would people find the blog and would they read it. She hit the big questions early on. Gotta love it when the lines between school and work get all blurry. Any suggestions from the S&W gallery about this entire issue?

So to blog for work or not to blog for work, that is the question, whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of incipient lunacy, or to take arms against an I before E but not after C, and by opposing them rewrite, revise no more, and by deleting to say yes lets end the heart-ache.

May the good bard forgive my un-poetic license.

No comments: