Tuesday, February 12, 2008

No More Copouts

Audience changes everything.

I love posting to my Blog. Honestly I do. But I’ve fallen into a kind of complacency that my readership will also understand the difficulties, hard work and time that goes in to every entry. Therefore they would have a healthy respect for skipped days, copout posts, a few grammar issues, etc. but when you suddenly have a “real” audience your perspective changes drastically.

To night my dad asked for the URL to my Blog. Okay, no problems there. Only later did I see he’d sent it to one of the families close friends who keeps up with a blog of his own. It was then I started thinking about outside readers. Perhaps I should have thought about that sooner, but it just never really struck me till now.

What would he think about it? Would he comment? Would he expect a new post everyday?
These were the types of questions that haunted me. So I’ve been reinvigorated to be more conscious of my audience and try not to torture the few I have.

1 comment:

Babz said...

I think that getting new readers may help with how well you write because now you have a higher expectation to fulfill.