Saturday, February 9, 2008

Maybe A Little Farther Off The Radar Would Be Better

Speaking of titling a post, and those immensely long and obnoxious head lines used by the tabloids, Totally Not Crazy caught my attention for just this reason.

My favorite:

Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Replaced by 20-Block Long Internet Ad Banner, Apparently

Or perhaps:

Paris Hilton And I Are Practically Best Friends Now

Needless to say the sarcastic and sardonic tone was more than enough to draw me in. He neatly sums up the plight of his most devoted followers, describing himself by aking:
“Do you secretly believe you are a raging psychopath, but also maintain it's the
rest of the world that's got a problem? This site might just be for
you!”

Granted the raging psychopath part may not be for me, but I can definitely relate to the part about rest of the world having the problem. Granted there are only 31 of these close followers who are loyal enough to have joined the authors Facebook group. Yes, I suckered in and joined the group to.



No, wait TO. We did just discus this in class the other day something about ending your prose with a preposition? Of course now that I am trying to be a conscious writer by pay attention (It really helps if you at least re-read your post before you hit publish) and carefully clean up my sentences, I can’t remember if we should or shouldn’t end with to.

But I’m safe. According to the Lousy Linguist prepositions don’t count. Unfortunately for Totally Not Crazy a primary opportunity was afforded by his hectic prose to be among the few with preposition censorship. Luckily I’m pretty far off the radar and I think it will go over looked this time at least.

No comments: