Tuesday, February 26, 2008

An Excited Thanks

It is workshopping day for me not only in this class, but in one more class. I enjoy workshopping and I don't know why. Many people have been afraid. I take that back, uncomfortable about dishing out comments on someone's blog and receiving them. For me, I am excited to hear what others have to say. I know you're probably asking me "WHY?” Well, I want to know what I am doing wrong because if nobody ever tells me this or that is bad, I will go on writing crappy stuff until it finally gets rejected harshly somewhere in my life.

I look at criticism as being a necessary tool for writers. The only exception to this rule is the untruthful criticism. Writers should not want to hear only the good stuff and when bad stuff is dished out, they should accept everything with open arms (Even if some people do nick pick to the point of belittling).

Again, I am excited about workshop and how all your criticism is going to help me in the future.

1 comment:

Subversive Me said...

I don't mind workshopping and I agree with you that criticism is a necessary tool for all creative folks. Still I'm very glad that part of the class is over. Not for nothing Mz Rita, I can't see anyone harshly rejecting you.