Monday, February 25, 2008

Dirty Lil' Secret

I love Project Runway. It’s one of the few reality shows that I watch weekly. Now it’s down to the nitty gritty with only four designers left standing; Chris, Jillian, Rami and Christian. There will be a face-off between Rami and Chris. Last week a tie resulted as to which one would be leaving the show. The true competition though is between Christian and Jillian. Both are innovators, pushers of the envelope and fast thinkers on their feet. Julian is a creative genius and made a dress out of Twizzlers. Christian has an uncanny flair for high fashion that even I like. I can appreciate their creativity and they love what they do.

I’ve missed our flash blog sessions. They remind me of those off the wall Runway assignments. Flash blogs force us to dig deep into those unconscious mental meanders that we only listen to with half an ear. Those intense flash blogs trains us to unleash the muse. We are forced to think on our “seats” and create something from anything that comes to mind. I wish we were allowed more than five minutes to craft a product. On Runway they get a few hours to work and they go shopping for materials with Tim Gunn.

If Harrison tells us to write something Avant Garde or something with an old Americana flavor I bet we could. Bet we could do it with as much “fierceness” as any of the Runway designers.

I get a giggle thinking of Harrison walking around the classroom saying over our shoulders “Hmmm…Just make it Fabulous.”

5 comments:

Ellenod said...

Hehe, Dr. Harrison as Tim Gunn! the mental movie you have just created is priceless.
"Bloggers- Make it work."
"What you've created is delicious."

Christine M said...

Completely with you on the Project Runway addiction. I'm rooting for Christian going into the finale. His fierceness factor has me hooked.

Maybe Dr. Harrison will humor us with a well-timed "Make it work" sometime soon.

Marguerita said...

I got the same secret. It is something about the show that just makes you want to watch. For me, I am rooting for Chris and Jillian. I don't care if either of them win.

Dr. Harrision and making it work. I laughed and laughed. For some reason I could see him saying that and humoring all of us. Haha!!

R.C. Price said...

"Fierce" blog entry!

Go Jillian!

eugenia said...

I want Christian to win...!!!