Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Yellow Wallpaper


I found that The Yellow Wallpaper was a very interesting piece of literature to give the class. The reading of these blogs from the ending to the beginning made it even that more intriguing, the only thoughts that ran through my head were… what is really going on here? And what is her problem? I realized that blogs can be in reverse order and the reader can still understand them. I found it to be an interesting perspective especially because I have never really blogged before, so this is all new to me. Reading this backward still made it feel like a story was being told. Little by little I craved her thoughts. I fell into this crazed tale of who the woman was behind the yellow wallpaper. I truly felt bad for her, all she wanted to do is write and her husband felt that she was ill for that and locked her up. It’s upsetting that her voice was forced into a silence of craze.

No comments: