Monday, January 28, 2008

No... Thank YOU, Esther Forbes

“They were not merely sentences but compressed moments that burst when you read them,” is such a great line in itself. After reading this part I had to underline it and circle it on my paper. Isn’t it so magnificent, those lines that consist of anywhere between three to ten words. These types of sentences make me want to be a writer. They make me want to be a good writer at that. It’s these sentences that I want people to read and react and say “Wow, what a great writer.” This is what I strive for.

“By honing the sentences you used to describe the world, you changed the inflection of your mind, which changed your perceptions.” Yet again, here it is. To be fully invested in a sentence seems easy to me. It is not. I love when I come across material like this. The Braindead Megaphone has brought more motivation to write better. It’s likely you will not be able to read any powerful sentences here in this post; I tend to hide them and use them as a secret weapon for admiration every once in a while when I am slacking.

No comments: