Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Burn the TV!

Nothing may be truer than Saunders’s words on television and mass communication. I dislike television and I do not know almost anything about the shows going on at every time. I watch television maybe about five minutes a day, sometimes even less. I do not believe in all the news I listen to in TV. I am disappointed when TV picks a particular ethnic group to show its struggle. For instance, the CNN seems obsessed with illegal immigration and with family of illegal immigrants separated by the human law. To hear this news, which is becoming not news anymore, is always painful, but eventually all these stories will have the same, identical patterns, the same trade, the same effort, and the same pain. Pain is addictive in the sense that when one is accustomed to a certain grief, the grief is not a grief anymore, but it is a habit. Thus, the viewer will get bored, and instead of listening to the “news,” he or she will just switch to a different channel. Thanks TV!

No comments: