Wednesday, April 9, 2008

technology and me are not bff's.

Today's post is coming from my new HP laptop. While I am pretty excited to have a new computer, the circumstances are quite troubling.

Last night, around eleven at night, I was sitting on my bed watching TV. My laptop was sitting on my desk. All of a sudden, I hear the most odd clicking sound. I started looking around trying to figure out the source of the noise. Low and behold, my laptop is making terrible noises at me. The screen turned black, and hitting any key resulted in me being reprimanded with a loud beep.

I frantically tried restarting the computer, but when it came back on there was no hope for me. Nothing was happening. My trip to Best Buy this morning gave me horrible news. That clicking sound was my hard drive dying. Not only did my it crash, but none of the data is retrievable. And of course, the last time I backed up my photos on my external hard drive was a month ago. Goodbye to my photos, schoolwork, and music.

So, lesson of this story? You can't back up your irreplaceable documents too much. Looks like I am spending part of my night redoing my workshop of Heather's blog.

2 comments:

Meagan Mason said...

Oh I am so sorry that happened to you! I know what you are going through, it happened to me over Spring Break only I had not back up anything. There are ways of retrieving things but it's very expensive. Good luck with all that.

Rachel S said...

Man, that's the worst! The same thing happened to me at the beginning of the semester, luckily I didn't have any precious soon to be due material on there. I can't imagine it happening right now! Good luck!