Monday, April 7, 2008

Technical Difficulties

I just spent an hour working on a blog. I edited twice. It was one that I felt really good about, too. The information was good and it was divided into paragraphs. Alas, it was not meant to be read because just as I hit post- my cat happened. (I named him Rascal for a reason.)

One time I read an article about how red is the only color cats can see. I believe it, because my little darling becomes inordinately fascinated with my lips whenever I wear red lipstick. He jumps on my lap and bats at my face with his paws. I’ve never taken the time to test anything else, but I now feel I have irrefutable proof the article was telling the truth.

My cat is lazy. In fact, I am quite sure if you looked it up in the dictionary there would be his picture next to it. Nothing will entice him to play. Or at least nothing did until today. This evening I made the mistake of moving from my desk onto the sofa in the other room and I connected to the internet with a red cord. Apparently, he succumbed to color curiosity and pounced on the cord ripping it from the back of my computer just as I hit post. Since I had used the cut and paste method, there was no draft saved anywhere. I have so learned my lesson. From now on, I will sit tucked neatly behind my desk with my cat shut in the other room and I will back up my post after every sentence. Overkill? I think not. My lazy louse has turned into an attack mouser and I caught him red- uh, pawed.

1 comment:

Subversive Me said...

been there done that. laptop almost got tossed across the room. have learned to hit the save icon every now and then though.