Sunday, April 13, 2008

Skating Rink: a Nice Feeling

Is there anyone who likes skating. I "discovered" this place in Fort Myers, behind the Chrysler dealer. It was my first time there, and I liked it. I fell twice. Uhmmm, maybe three! Somebody was there to help me! I thought it was amazing they wanted to give a hand. No so many people in the US offered me theirs (hand)! In a way, I thought I was home. It was as if those people could be my friend, as if I knew them already. It was one of the rare times where I didn't feel alone among Americans. It was one of the rare times where I wasn't a ghost, and people didn't tear apart my invisible body.

It was a nice feeling!

4 comments:

Meagan Mason said...

Oh, I go there every single Monday night! I absolutely love that place. Everyone is helpful and nice, plus I love skating. Maybe I'll see you there sometime, if you go on Monday night.

Babz said...

I love that skating rink! I take my daughter as an excuse for myself, but don't tell anyone. I hope to see you guys there sometime.

Patrick Norris said...

This is insane. I thought no one skated anymore and actually got into a debate about it with my roommates. They go like twice a week and have inducted members into their cult and swear its fun.

Is skating making a comeback?

Michelle F said...

I haven't been there yet but plan on going sometime soon! It looks like I might be seeing a lot of people! Anna! You shouldn't feel ignored by us Americans. If you do I apologize. They are probably intimidated by your passion and drive for success!