Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Hating Topics

Remember when Professor Harrison warned us to choose our topics carefully? Well, I don’t know about the rest of you but I don’t think I was quite careful enough. I so dreadfully sick of my topic already. I realize that the information hasn’t been depleted, but everything that spills onto the page feels like worthless drivel. The more in-depth we get about constructing good sentences the les able I feel to do so. That compounds the problem, because now , not only do not like what I am writing about, I feel woefully inadequate to write anything. Am I the only one feeling overwhelmed? Is any one less regretting their topic choices? If so, how are you coping?

3 comments:

Anna said...

It is not much that you are "sick" of your topic. I think you are just tired because the semester's ending.

Good luck!

MagicPanda said...

I agree that people are going to get lax at the end of the semester. The only thing keeping me on top of the things is that I simply enjoy my subject. But there's only two more weeks. Just gotta keep moving along.

Subversive Me said...

i can relate with growing bored with one's topic. and i don't really have a topic since i never clearly defined what it was i wanted to say. most of the time all i wanted to type was nonsense words and random symbols to signify my frustration. i struggle on , with a mounting pile of unpublished drafts mocking me daily.