Monday, March 17, 2008

Quantity vs. Quality

There is an assortment of blogs out there and over the past several weeks in this class, I have seen many blogs that differ. I have seen ones with pink colored backgrounds, personal pictures and laughed at personal experiences. Something else that differs from blog to blog is the quantity. Some blogs show posts several times a day and only consist of a few sentences. Then there are blogs showing a post every couple of days and consisting of a much longer post.

After looking at one blog, I thought about quantity vs. quality. Personally I enjoy reading shorter posts because it allows for me to do other things with the time I set aside. When the posts are long, I feel as if they should be serious and truly engaging. When they’re not engaging, I feel cheated out of my time. I personally attempt to write how I read blogs because I don’t want to cheat anyone out of their time.

1 comment:

Subversive Me said...

As long as the writer has something to say that captures me or can say something in such a way that I want to continue reading, then I'm good with it. Long or short. Also one person's trash is another's treasure. What may seem a waste to one may make someone else's day. Its all subjective.