Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Payday!

Well, maybe for someone who has a million regular readers. Who has the most viewers? Quick! Add AdSense to your page!

Has anyone else noticed this? Under the add elements feature in layouts, there is an option to add revenue-generating ads to your blog. Google provides relevant advertising to your page and when a viewer clicks on one of these ads the blog owner gets paid. Sweet action.

I'm really not sure how appropriate this would be while our blogs are still class projects, but if someone maintains their blog after final grades have come and gone and manages to build a large enough reader base, what a simple money-making opportunity. Someone has to succeed with the whole gaining viewers thing after that informative presentation on Tuesday! I've stumbled across one (and only one, but I know it exists) blog hosted by Blogger where the average Jane author mentioned earning enough revenue from her AdSense advertising to exist solely on that source of income. That is crazy.

Turning something you learned how to do in college into a profit-making venture...what a concept! ;-)

1 comment:

Michelle F said...

I saw that too and I want to do it now! It actually just occured to me though that we'll probably have to pay some sort of tax on this later in the future. And we'd probably have to owe the government money so I think until I can investigate it further this might not be such a grand idea.