Sunday, February 10, 2008

What if...

My mom and her side of the family are fiercely Republican. On the flip side, my father is a democrat. Oddly enough, this election period has been interesting because my oh-so-Republican relatives have stated that they like Obama and are even considering voting for him should he win the democratic spot. This came as quite the surprise. Enough of one that I have idly been paying a bit more attention than usual which has led to a little speculation on my part.


Both Hillary and Obama seem to spend more time attacking the Republican candidates than each other. In fact, at times their cordial, civil behavior, seems to cross over into down right friendly. I am not looking for cutthroat politics. So it doesn’t upset me, but I started thinking that if they were running mates they would be unstoppable. Hillary would win most women votes and Obama would land much of the minorities. Together, they could accumulate approximately seventy percent of the voting publics favorable opinion. The only problem is pride. These candidates are running for president not vice-president. IF one of them would settle slightly they could both win.

No comments: