Thursday, January 31, 2008

A quest of the self

On Tuesday, Dr. Harrison said that he is not “very creative.” I didn’t make a big deal of it because writing doesn’t necessarily mean to write fiction or poetry. That statement, though, sounded a little bit out of tone, but I did not say word. I kept listening him for the rest of the class.

What he said today confutes his previous statement and confirms my thought. When he writes, he said (I am paraphrasing him), he touches different aspects of a subject because it helps him to dig into the sense of his own words. Writing, in his case, is a quest of the self that, translated in human words, means that writers may discover themselves through their own writing. That’s creative! It is one of the most creative utterances I have heard.

Lovely Dr. Harrison, I hope yours, on Tuesday, was a joke; and if it wasn’t – which thing, since intelligent people never say they are gifted, is not impossible at all– I can help you with an (important) theory: you are beautifully and humanly (the most importanst aspect of the entire quest) creative!

No comments: