Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Braindead Blogger

If there is one thing I despise (and lets face it, there are several), it is people who talk simply because they can. The people who have nothing original or fascinating to say, but go on and on just the same are torturous. Do they have a word quotient they have to meet each day? Or are they just that in love with their voice, words, and opinions? As much as I despise these people, I fear sometimes I trip and fall face first into that category. Saunders writes of the braindead megaphone, but what about the braindead blogger? How do we, as bloggers, avoid falling into this category? How do we as people avoid falling into this category? I try to read every piece and listen to every conversation objectively, pretending I am someone else. If I have to read the passage multiple times before I can comprehend it, I delete it and begin again. If I have to drink a Red Bull to survive the post, I delete it and begin again. And most importantly, if there is any reference to any blond-haired bimbo making the tabloid covers every week, I delete it and seriously contemplate joining a convent…

No comments: